AUNV-TEMPORARY-FORUM[ main ][ links ][ about ][ help ][ discussions ][ projects ]
If you can't click on a discussion, it's not written or completed yet.
- Night Vision News -
- All the latest about technology and items from the US and around the world.
- Night Levels - What is a night level? And why is it important to understanding night vision performance?
- Discussion on a standardized format for referring to different levels of darkness.
- Using your NV devices with visible lights nearby.
- How to modify your NV gear with practical dichroic filters to allow use with visible lighting at the same time.
- Read maps with your "unenhanced" eye with a special flashlight without danger to your scope.
- Protection from visible laser devices usable for hunting and rangefinding devices.
- Civilian use of LIFs.
- Why pinhole caps cause shift in POI
- You sight your dedicated scope in early evening with the day cap on and get it perfect. Then you suddenly find it going everywhere.
- Discussion about how and why this happens and what you can do with it.
- NV Tube Trivia
- Interesting information about NV tubes... Ongoing section once it starts.
- How Photocathodes work.
- Photocathode operation for dummies.
- Understanding GaAs 3rd Generation Tubes.
- I hope I got this right... I took a few shortcuts in the explanation.
- Review: GT-14 Vs MUM - 21 June 2011
- Boresighting Your Own NVD.
How to set up a quick test jig to test everything from dayscope accuracy and repeatability, to boresighted NODs, to collimating NVDs, to making better coffee.
Scopes I own or have used.
Russian PON-3 - Gen1.
Discussion on Streak Lines ( hair lines ) when panning some NV monoculars past a bright light.\
A brief Gen2/XR5/Gen3 comparison NL5.
Out Of Band - XR5 vs US Gen III Omni VI - Night sighting laser that can't be seen by US Gen 3.
Out Of Band - Tactical Research - Current Research - Will not be made public before September.
[ Login ]
[ PERSONAL MESSAGE ]
[ HELP ]
Logged in as:guest: 1:guest ** :./data/discussions
guest at 02:15:52 02-17-2010
nice site david. appreciate all your help and info! b_rogers
Thanks Brent -
guest at 07:06:30 04-09-2010
Nice place David. Just found it. Dino
End of page.